Monday, May 2, 2011

Disneyana Tiki fans take note!

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5025/5681128066_811ca1e24c_o.jpg
Yes my friends, this is in fact one of the composites for the upcoming Trader Sam's opening at the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim!!!!!!!!!

I've been a Disney fan as much as any, but now.. I might not even enter the park. The proposed the new restaurant is now also the motif for the hotel as they are trying to redo the style. It's pretty exciting pending since I would've never thought the Disney camp would say, hmmm let's re-do the resort... hmm HOW ABOUT TIKI?!

According to one of my sources at the beloved Tiki Central Forums has posted that the Hotel is trying to keep this as classic as possible. So think classic Trader Vic's, The Luau, The Tikis, Don the Beachcomber, ..you know, all the big name classics. At first I read a thread saying they were looking for a "Jimmy Buffet" style entertainer, but apparently that has been cleared up and they're not going to have entertainment as of YET. You can definitely bet that I'll be begging for a DJ gig in the upcoming future!

So going back to this amazing place.



http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Tangaroa-Terrace.jpg 
So here's an idea of what the place is gonna look like. HUGE a-frame building, lots of outdoor as well as indoor seating. Kind of reminds me of the Bali Ha'i in San Diego and hopefully the drinks & food will be just as good! I just read the new menu on their blog today:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/05/whats-on-the-menu-at-new-disneyland-hotel-restaurants-opening-may-25/

...sounds amazing to say the least.


The more info I get, the sooner I'll post!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited about this! I'll be heading to Disneyland in August for the first time. I can't wait to check it out. I've been to Disney World many times, but never Disneyland. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete